Sunday, May 25, 2008

Troy in the hospital


Well....after a VERY long week last week, things this Sunday morning are a lot better. To catch anyone up who hasnt heard...On Monday of this last week, Troy started running a fever and got really sick. Early Wed morning I took him to the ER. They gave him some fluids, and meds and such and sent him home after a couple hours. About 30 minutes later, he got really sick again, landing him in the hospital. They did tons of tests trying to find out what was wrong. He was poked and pried and so forth, and couldnt find anything. He had a fever of 104.5 at one point. I have never seen him like this, and it was very scary. He couldnt talk or move really at all..just in a delirious stupor. So..after he met with practically every DR here in town, they decided on Thursday to send him to a hospital in STL called Barnes Jewish Hospital if he wasnt any better on Friday. Friday came, and Troy was doing a little better. He wasnt spiking fevers like he had been, but still running a temp. So they sent him by ambulance over here to STL. They repeated the chest x ray and took a LOAD of blood to check for tons of different things. We met with Infectious Disease Doctors. They are thinking it might be some rare crazy thing. This morning he is even doing better, with no fevers for around 24 hours or so. He is feeling much better and we are more than thrilled. WE are grateful that my mom and dad flew in last night to stay with the kids. They are taking them to church today in our absence. We just talked to the Infectious Disease Dr again and she said that all of the tests that have come back are negative, but some are still out. At this point they are thinking and treating him for some tick born illness. If nothing comes positive, they will just class him as an enigma and treat him with these antibiotics. So...we are going to see them again tomorrow with the cardiologist and see what they have to say. With any luck they will find something, but if not, at least he is getting better and we hope to have him home soon. The kids defintely miss their daddy. It has helped having papa and grama there with them, so I am much relieved. WE truly appreciate everyone's calls, messages, emails, prayers, fasts and so forth that we have all truly felt at this hard time for our family. Thank you so much. WE love you all and hope for a speedy recovery for Troy, asd we leave to AZ in less than 2 weeks!

4 comments:

THE MORRIS FAMILY said...

That is terrible...I hope he has a speedy recovery!! Take care and thinking of your family

We are all "SPECIAL" said...

Wow Meli!!
It's good to hear that he is doing better. Let's hope they DO figure out what the heck this is!! Our thoughts and prayers go out to your family. We love you guys!

Marlyn Culbreth said...

Dear Troy and Melani,
I have been in Tennessee since May 19th and returned home to the unfortunate news of Troy's illness. The good news is that he is home recuperating with family. I know these adversities can create great stress on everyone but you know that your family will be stronger, more loving and will appreciate more every minute spent together. You are in my daily prayers.
Love to all, Marlyn Culbreth

About Me said...

Melani, I haven't checked your blog for a while and was shocked when I read your post about Troy! How scary! I couldn't imagine having Graham be so sick and not being able to really figure out what was going wrong. I am so glad that things seem to be getting better for him! I hope you guys have a wonderful trip in AZ! I know you will!