Last night was a big deal here in town. Every year they have a BIG ta da dance where all the 8th graders from around the area have a dance together, welcoming them to High School next year. Kids here all get dates, get hair, nails, dresses, tux's, limos and everything. So...we did the dress and hair and that was it! lee was so beautiful, and let me remind anyone who doesnt have teenage daugthers how hard it is to find a modest dress in this day and age. In fact, there was not ONE dress in any of the stores we went to that had sleeves. So, it took much time and searching and engineering to find something ok. I took Lee and a group of her friends out to Subway for dinner! haha and then drove them to the Moose Lodge for the fun dance. She had a great time! Here are some pics of her. When her daddy saw her, he said, "You look beautiful Lee, now go take it off!!!" So hard to see her growing up so much! Troy had a pretty crazy birthday with a whole crew of young kids over here all day getting ready for the dance, and pictures and such! The kids did make him a nice breakfast, his favorite, egg mcmuffins! What a great sport he was...I love you baby! You are the best husband on the earth. I am so lucky to have you and thank you Val and Jack for bringing this wonderful man into this world for me! Happy Birthday Yesterday Troy!
See you in two...
10 years ago





7 comments:
Wow she looks BEAUTIFUL!! We are about to go through the same thing in a couple of weeks!! I know it will be hard to find a modest dress..but you did great!! It is scary how fast they are growing up!!
Disnee you are becoming such a Beautiful young woman. We are so proud of who you are and we Love you very much.
Ok wow! I really just can't believe Disnee! My mom said she was going to an 8th grade dance but wow! She looks so beautiful, and I love what Troy said that is so Troy. Even when it was just lip gloss. I bet he wishes it was still just lip gloss he had to worry about! Love you guys and can't wait to spend time with all of you!!
Are you kidding me Meli!?!!? She is gorgeous, and does not look like an 8th grader, or at least she doesnt look like little ole D. Id be fearing your future, she is so pretty!! Happy Birthday Troy, glad you enjoyed breakfast.
Melani.. she is so pretty.. she must get her looks from her mom. I can't believe you have one going into high school.. She is a beautiful young woman, you can tell inside and out. You and Troy are great parents.. good job.
I hope you had a good mothers day. Seems weird that we are mothers somedays.. greatest thing ever though..
Wow, Disnee you are so beautiful, but you always have been! Melani, tough times are ahead for Troy so I guess you are going to have be the strong one. Unfortunately they all have to grow up!!!
she looks so grown up! holy cow, she will always be the sweet little 11 year old to me...
Post a Comment