Well, for those of you who dont know, we are remodeling our kitchen..well, we are expanding and redoing our kitchen! Brandon, Troy's brother, is here in town for a couple of weeks to help Troy on this project. He is the one that framed it up a while back and got us started on it. So here is a little bit of what we have been up to!
Here is Troy after taking out some of the kitchen cabinets and counter top to figure out how to tear the wall down and make the floor level.

Thank goodness we have so many kids to help with the work!! We also had Brooke's friend Kristen here and she was a great helper too! Troy got the kids working to take off the old slate that used to be the outside of the house before we enclosed the porch.

They have most of the slate off now, just working hard and getting off the paper and stuff. Kristen, Macee and Britton

Here are the boys strategizing on how to make this work!!

Our little princess helper!! Macee LOVED the hammer and was hitting everything she could find. So were the boys though, it was fun work!!

So next they headed into the kitchen to take down the big...whatever that thing is called that took up space above the cabinets...they took down a huge chunk of wall... of course showing the beautiful wallpaper beneath...love it! not!!

So this is the view from the newly made hole in the wall where the french door used to lead out to the porch...this is the new part of the kitchen! See the new pretty windows we ordered and the boys put in in like 2 minutes..so exciting!!

View from the same hole into the other side of the kitchen..showing the other hole in the wall in my kitchen!! yikes!!! it has BEGAN!! wish me luck!!! At least I still have my dishwasher and sink at the moment!!

This is the wall where the french doors were and are not now! They plan to make it an arched way, to match the one on the other side into the other part of the kitchen. You can see it to the left...

And one more shot from inside the kitchen showing how HUGE my kitchen will be!! I am so excited and happy for this...but hope it goes quickly!!! Great job boys in the demolition!!!

Ok, one more of the same view but showing a little more...
11 comments:
How exciting.. You two are always up to something with your house. I love it. I have a few plans for mine, its just getting Clay on it..lol.. Its going to look good..There is nothing like a BIG kitchen.
YAY! I cant wait to see the finished product.
AwESOME!!Ya keep us updated so we can see the finishing product!
how exciting! Your home is beautiful! I love all the colors of the other rooms you can see!!
WOW! I'm so excited that it's getting done. Way to go Brandon! and Troy of course! I don't know if I can wait until Dec. to come and see it. Mom
I cannot believe how big it's going to be. We want to visit so badly when it's done. Wish it were closer somehow. Miss you guys!
That's awesome! It looks like so much work. Good luck.
Wow that is a BIG project...I can't wait to see it complete!
You need to join Facebook...everyone is one it from Heber! You would love it:)
This is Damon. Great work boys. What a nice thing to have talented people in the family.
Hey, Melani, let's just leave it like it is now!!
I sure hope they can put it all back together!
I am sure these two will do a fabulous job, as always...
Can't wait to see it in real time...
I love your Blog, and Melani, you have done a super job with it.... Love Dad
Your kitchen is going to look great! I love it!
-Paisley's sister
Post a Comment