Thursday, March 27, 2008

My brave husband

Well, yesterday Troy went and rented a truck that had a lift so he could get up to our tall chimney to put a cap on it. It was just open to the house below, no chimney cap on it, and water poured into the house everytime it rained..which is ALOT! So..it was nice enough to get up there and close it up with some sheet metal and silicone to seal it up. Sis was loving the "Ride", as Troy took her ALL the way up with him! It was very brave of me to let her go..what a girl! Thank goodness no injuries...only a small scratch on Troy's cheek from the flying squirrel that came out of the roof and scratched troy, and "flew" all the way to the ground and ran off. This was actually on the other side of the house on the other chimney..it was hilarious!!! Wish we had the camera to send to funnies home videos.




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, so the flying squirrel story is the best one I have read on a blog! Next time carry around your video camera at all times, Id have loved to see that! I also would have loved to hear the words fly from Troys mouth :) jk, I know he kept it clean :) Good job Brave Troy and Macee. We were at Target today (looking for enchilada cheetos!!! NO..they didnt have them!) and there was a guy on a lift fixing the security cameras and Maddi flipped out, so I doubt she would have been as brave as Macee to get up that high!

THE MORRIS FAMILY said...

I did marry the oldest of the Morris boys! I think me Heather & Cassi all did pretty good;) lol

I can't believe how fast time goes by! We aren't old enough to have teenagers! haha Your family is beautiful!

I know I might be weird but I would love living somewhere back east in an old house! Looks like lots of work but lots of fun projects!

DeAnne Baum said...

Hello! I found you off of Leannas page. Wow, I can't believe you have teenagers! It doesn't seem like we could be that old, does it? Looks like you are doing great. What a cute family you have. My blog is thebaumclan.blogspot.com. Write any time!

We are all "SPECIAL" said...

Wow Mel,
I never knew Troy was such a handy man! Sweet! And I would definately say you were the brave one letting your baby go up that high in the air. I think my heart might have exploded from the anxiety!! Fun pics!
P.S. I saw your mom today! All the sister's went to lunch-Girl bonding time-I dare say it's the first time that I've seen Aunt Joan in ten years!

Melissa Stadler said...

Hey Melani! It was so great to hear from you and of course I remember you! I had no idea that you moved all the way to Illinois - what an adventure.

Your family is so beautiful and I am amazed at your 5 kids. That is awesome!! Thanks so much for finding me...it is great to hear from you again.
Take care!